Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sock Day

Well, it happened. Today I finally put some socks on. My husband said this would happen. A couple days ago he said that around here it often seems like October 1st is the turning date when it suddenly starts getting cold. The day that he said that was a warm muggy day, so I thought, "well, maybe in the past, but not this year.." Turns out I married a pretty smart guy. Today is October 2nd, and this morning I went cruising out the door in my T-shirt only to turn around before the door closed behind me. It was actually cool outside, too cool for just a T-shirt. It wasn't cold by any stretch but it was a change from days previous. So, tonight I found myself rummaging around for socks to wear ( I had to think for a moment about where I even stash my socks.) which is always a bit of a sad moment as you realize that warm summer days are behind you.

Fall is quite pretty here though, and it stretches out a lot longer than at home. The temperature is generally milder. So, I really don't have anything to complain about.



Speaking of my husband....here he is!
Ok, so it's not the most recent picture.....(I did ask him first before I posted it.) This is the picture that is currently on my computer desktop screen.
The thing that I find really interesting about this picture is that in most of the childhood photos that I've seen of my hubby, you can totally tell that it's him. His childhood photos bear a strong resemblance to the way he looks today....but not this picture.. I guess he's a little too young. When I look at this picture I can't see any resemblance to him now whatsoever. Except for one thing....can you see what it is?







2 comments:

Pepper said...

What kind of socks? Wool socks?

The confused foreigner. said...

I think they are cotton. And would actually be more aptly refered to as "sockettes."