Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Purple Paisley Pajamas

The other day we were tidying up the house(please refer to post below...ha ha) and I realized that we needed more dish soap. As I've mentioned before there is a little store about 10 steps from our door, so I decided to pop out to pick some up. Before going out, I took stock of what I was wearing, and thought- hmmm, the blue in my jogging pants doesn't quite match the blue in my top. Should I change? Do I look too casual? I think I might have even asked my husband if what I was wearing was ok to wear out. I decided I was passable, and ventured forth.

Upon stepping out I saw a group of men sitting around outside right by the store. This is common, people often gather there and play cards or other games. As I got closer I noticed one of the men was sitting there dressed in purple paisley pajamas. (white pajamas, with purple paisley design) He looked like he was having a good time, and no one seemed to mind the fact that he was in his pj's. It would have completed the picture for me if he had had a teddy bear clutched to his chest too. (Actually, I have seen others walking around in their pajamas from time to time too- You know the kind of pajamas I'm talking about, the long sleeve button up, long pant leg, with some design......I kind of think it's a cool part of the culture..... ) Needless to say, all question about the appropriateness of my jogging outfit evapourated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

I love the randomness that seems to permeate where you are living!! I mean, where else in the world (or at least in North America) would you see someone visiting on a corner in purple paisley pyjamas? Or have an egg cart lady offer you a ride on her bike? Having had a fashion crisis of my own the other day, in an situation where I needed to look professional (I was teaching a class)- and it was a choice between wearing a belt that looked like Maximus could've worn it to complete his look in the "Gladiator" and not wearing the belt, (needless to say, I lost the belt)- your story reminds me that, as long as we're modest, the Lord cares more about our hearts and attitudes than about how we dress or what we look like, and it's on these "fashion faux pas" days especially that I'm glad that God loves me just the way I am (looking like a gladiator or not!! ha ha!). I'm thinking and praying for both you and Mike!!!
Love,
Cherise

Anonymous said...

Next week at school we have a pj day. :D It's going to be super fun. It'll remind me of you.

ccdedewzsehuxsdhjyhhhhhhhhybnxz

:) that message was from teagan :)
talk to you later! --ames--

The confused foreigner. said...

Hey Cherise, (I tried to write you a comment before but I did something wrong and it didn't save!)
Randomness- Yeah, just about everyday there are things that I wish I had a little video cam for recording for posterity!!
I got a chuckle out of your Gladiator comment!!
Probably a good choice about the belt, however you are so beautiful and have such good taste, if anyone could pull off the Maximus look it would be you!!
(Everyone would be running out to find their own Gladiator wear the next day!!!)
I'm also so glad for God's love that looks at the heart and not at the outside!
love ya tons!
K

The confused foreigner. said...

Hey Amy, how was pajama day?...did you wear purple paisley Pajamas?:)
Give Teagan a big hug from me!I see that she has an affinity for the letter "h"!

:) Talk to you later friendy friend!