Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ten things about current life here

1.We bought a plastic raspberry phone. I'm not speaking symbolically here, it is indeed a plastic elongated raspberry. It would cost just under $3 in North America.
2. Today is sunny with blue sky... which is a change ...2 days ago It is was very very smoggy - I hope some of it was fog, I really do.
3.I learned the word for "photocopy" this week. I felt so triumphant, except I forget it now.
4. In class I also learned how to insult someone by calling them a fat pig, a something dog, or a skinny monkey. ( although I wasn't clear if "skinny monkey" was actually an insult or a term of endearment..)
5. Our friend's mom who is visiting from N. America gave me a jar of apple-crab jelly made from fruit from her yard. Yum. I cracked it open this morning.
6. I met a lovely french woman yesterday who is teaching french and english at our school- we had to march next to each other in the sports meet parade.
7. I started exercising again.
8. We and some of our friends here started watching the 1st season of the show "Lost"....very scary...it's amazing how fast an addiction can be formed!
9. I made the some of the best cookies I've ever made the other day. And then I threw out the recipe by accident.
10. My husband started exercising again too...I worked out to a pilates DVD with one of the girls....he started by going to the gym with a couple of the guys... I think he dove into it whole heartedly....he's so sore that he got me to massage his biceps this morning before leaving the house.

2 comments:

polarpegs said...

No.11 ...It is not HERE...Miss ya buddy

The confused foreigner. said...

Thanks Peg, miss you too!