Saturday, March 04, 2006

This guy didn't do so well during our time away


Yeah, when I bought him, he looked great. Green and tons of leaves. When we came back from our travels he was a brown scraggly mess, so I pruned him with high hopes that he would be on the mend and rebound. He's always been a fighter.

I think he needs a high dose of intense sun, but he just doesn't get that in our living room. Or maybe i've watered him too much since I came back- or not enough....
I think that I am almost ready to admit defeat. How I regret all those months of neglect that led into a lowered ability to survive while we were gone!

Joni Mitchell was right, you don't know what you've got til it's gone. I'll miss you hardy corner plant. Boo hoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, sorry about your little green friend. ;) I would have to say I totally agree with that saying. We had a HUGE snowfall here yesterday and were not able to go anywhere until the snow calmed down and the roads were cleared. I learned about how much of a privilege it is to be able to go places. I get I took for granted the fact that I am not cooped up in my house 24/7. ;)
Amy

polarpegs said...

Hey Kar, Went to our old stomping grounds yesterday (church). Saw a pic of you and your guy. Can't wait until we are here permanently and we get the opportunity to see you when you come home