Sunday, March 26, 2006

My "Most" moments for this last little while

Here are the winning moments in various categories of everyday living over the last couple weeks:

My most Pleased with myself moment: had a few friends over- made a meal of squash soup and a chicken couscous dish. And, hey whatdya know -it all turned out well. My dear Hubby also made strawberry smoothies for everyone! The crowd went away satisfied!

My Most displeased with myself moment: Discovered I've lost my bike key, with the lock locked. Arg!

My Most Fearful moment: In the middle of the night I heard a noise in the corner of the room. While I am not afraid of mice, it's still alarming to have some unidentified -"could be a rodent" noise in the corner. We later identified the noise as our blind sweeping an airfreshner across the window sill- it was soooo windy the air was coming right through the closed windows, and moving the blinds.

Most windy moment: A few nights ago. It was really windy.

Lowest moment: the other morning laying on my bed, sick as a dog.

Most encouraged by others moments: 1. - a friend here told me the story of how her daughter broke her arm a few months ago but God healed it in 7 days. Apparently the doctor said "This is not possible" when she looked at the healed arm. 2. An encouraging email from Amy about what God has done in her life recently. Yeah!

Most inspired moment: Did a word study on the word "guard" from Philippians 4:6.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The Greek word for "guard" here is used in other places in the NT in a military sense....


Moment most lacking in closure: Watched half of "The Sound of Music" then the disc was all wonky and couldn't finish it. (Yes I have seen it before, but i was really into it)

My most pleasant turn of events moment: Got message that one of my teachers from last term is taking over my conversation class- it's the lady who does the splits.... I like her.

My most anti climactic moment: Had this lovely couple over for lunch- they are also foreigners here, but not from North America. I spent a good part of the morning getting ready, served Shepherd's pie and stir fried veggies.....they were very polite, but I could tell they didn't really dig the food. (Not used to it...I've served that same dish to nationals here, and they really liked it, so I thought it would go over for them too....) We still had a good conversation, and we'll hang out again which is great, I really like them.

Alrighty - well that's enough of that!
Hope you are having lots of notable moments too. For all kinds of reasons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't really have to do with your entry...though I did go express some notable moments for myself. But, you know what I realized this morning...the summer that you and your hubby come back (if I'm right on when that is) will be the summer before I start grade twelve. Oh my. Scary.

Ames

Anonymous said...

:( And too far away...Yet so close...I don't want to grow up and go to grade twelve...Yet I want you to come back...:)

Ames

p.s. How are you two feeling now?

Tiffany said...

Too bad about the Sound of Music disruption. Hopefully you got to the part where Julie Andrews made the kids clothes out of the household curtains. I love that bit. I'm not joking. do rae fa so la tee do!
I'm glad to hear you are doing better!
xo-tiff

The confused foreigner. said...

Ah, we made it to about where the kids do their little good night song. Classic. But it was all wonky. !! Nothing like a musical to warm my little heart!! We were laughing at the outfits made from the very "curtainy" material. My hubs was sorry for the boys especially.
Oh, Kathy- what do mean another blog? I is confused.....
oh btw, we are both feeling a lot better.