Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Make over

My husband and I have been talking about sprucing up this one little corner of our place, the area that is our guest "room." I'm sort of excited about the result of our make over so far! We spruced it up some things we recently found along the way in our travels!

Before

And after!


Well, you may think- "Umm, actually, I really like the brown plaid couch better." Well, while I realize that brown is really "in" in Canada right now, uh, well, everything here is brown or grey outside right now, so why add to the depressive colour scheme by our own choice? (when we bought it it was supposed to be blue) ....

I intentionally posted these house make over pictures just after the flower pictures. The reason being that both sets express creativity. The first, God's handiwork, the second, a creative project of ours. I love the idea that when we are being creative, we are simply reflecting the fact that we are made in the image of God. He is creative, (flowers, trees, animals, the universe, people) we are made in His image, and therefore we also have that characteristic. (we decorate, write, draw, write music etc) We are simply reflecting Him. Our ability to be creative is a gift from Him, but it's extra special because we not only have this wonderful gift but we are also reflecting the giver when we use the gift.

I got so much satisfaction and joy out of simply creating a new look for that couch. My mind can only conceive of a fraction of the joy and satisfaction that God must derive from all of His creative projects!

Humans can make some really cool stuff. But His work blows our away everytime!!(Of course anything we make, is actually made up of things that He has created first, and He gives us the capacity in the first place to even have a remotely creative thought!) In a nutshell, I think the idea that my creativity is a reflection of the Creator of the universe is incredibly wild, and beyond cool at the same time.

3 comments:

The confused foreigner. said...

Well, Kathy ALm! How great to hear from you! Thanks for dropping by!

The confused foreigner. said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kathy!
I did hear about their baby,Graham sent my husband a pic. Elijah is a great name in my opinion. Happy for them!
The couch is a deep blue colour, with the gold weave. Pillows are shiny purple. A little more shiny than I had wanted but hey, can't have everything.
I tried linking onto your blog, but couldn't get past the personal profile page....
Yeah, decorating is fun and cheap here. But also at times frustrating.

Tiffany said...

Love love love the pillows. You can come and help me decorate my place when you wander into my neck of the woods.
So great to see this post! I have totally been thinking about the human creative drive lately and how amazingly diverse God's creation is. He must just love to watch people make things. I bet He chuckles sometimes...