Sunday, August 06, 2006

TDoTF

I was thinking about which embarrassing story to share with you, and in the end I decided to go with one of my oldest. It hails back to the time I was around 10. Now, please understand the context. I am a woman with 3 older brothers. If you don't have brothers, then please.......don't judge me. If you are someone with brothers, especially older ones, well, you've probably attempted something similar at some point.

Well, it all started one sunny morning at the lake. I was strolling through the living room of the cabin and I spied that one of the bedroom door curtains was closed. I could hear someone turning pages in the bedroom. I knew one of my brothers was on the bed right behind that curtain reading a comic book. It seemed too good to pass up. The living room was empty so the coast was clear. I very quickly snuck up and stuck my behind through that curtain, then in a clear, bold tone I proceeded to forcefully pass wind. Yep, I cut the cheese, and it was a doozy. I then withdrew my behind from said bedroom snickering to myself.

I thought it was pretty hysterical, until the only response from inside was "oh..." and at that moment the smile disappeared from my face as I realized that I'd made a grave, grave error. It wasn't one of my brothers in there, it was my brother's friend! UGH! Totally different situation! My heart sank in horror.
What was I going to do? I mean, you can fart in front of your brothers, but you can't fart in front of your brothers' friends! How embarrassing! So, I did what any mature 10 year old would do, I took off as fast as I could, and never made mention of it again.

That guy and my brother are still friends, and even to this day I don't know if that guy knows it was me or even remembers "the day of the fart." But I do, boy do I remember it, but I'm not embarrassed anymore, in fact I laugh audibly when I think about it, even if I'm by myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, K. ;P

Anonymous said...

oops...that was me (Ames)

The confused foreigner. said...

THank you, thank you....

Tiffany said...

Okay, that made me laugh out loud. Hopefully that story wasn't told during the "open mic" part of your wedding. Like one needs another reason to avoid open mic situations.

You just reminded me of an incident when I was six and picking my nose in the corner of a banquet hall. I thought I was invisible because I was sitting alone. A whole section of tables including my parents and their friends from church were watching and roared in applause once I had finished my epic nose picking. I was famous from that point on.

The confused foreigner. said...

Ok that made me laugh. But I'm curious, how did you take that as a 6 year old? Did you think it was funny or were you mortified?

That's definately an open mic story if I ever heard one...beware.

btw, nose picking here does not have the same social stigma as north america. You can pick all you like. No problem. Pick away.