Friday, August 04, 2006

International Month of Embarrassment

I am a person who knows embarrassment. There are different kinds of embarrassment of course. When I say I "know" embarrassment, I am referring to just your everyday "something stupid just happened" embarrassment. For some reason, I am just one of those people who seems to have the faulty zipper, or who mistakes people's identities, or says something a little too loudly, or walks in the wrong door etc etc... you get the picture... I have also been known to let out the occasional snort when I'm laughing.

I sometimes have wondered why these things happen to me. I always end up trying to give it a positive spin by thinking "It's because I enjoy life!" But truthfully, sometimes it has nothing to do with enjoying or not enjoying life. Maybe it has more to do with hastyness, or being unobservant, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time....but sometimes, yep it has to do with enjoying life. That's usually where the snort comes in.

A little while ago I was trying to recall various moments of embarrassment, and I decided that it's worth sharing some of them. Why let them go to waste? So, I hereby dub August- "International Month of Embarrassment." I will share some of my embarrassing moments with you starting tomorrow.... are you excited? Ok, see you tomorrow.

I'm going to go watch a movie just now with my husband...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

More stories! More embarrassing stories!
I want to join the charge in this newly dubbed "international month of embarrassment."