Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mrs. Moo's antics

That Mrs. Moo cracks me up. She is a character. I guessed that her age might be late 40's, or early 50's....apparently she is in her 60's. This is important information for being appropriately amazed at what I'm going to relate to you next.

Monday, headed back to class after a busy weekend. During a break, I was chatting with the person next to me, suddenly it became hard to focus on our conversation as Mrs. Moo had come into the room and was saying loudly that we foreigners need to be in better shape, get more exercise. She said that she gets up at 6 every morning and exercises. She said "See look at this!" And she whips her leg up on this tall desk to show how flexible she is. "See look how flexible I am !" This was all moderately distracting....then I went back to my conversation only to stop in mid sentance as I happened to glance over and see Mrs Moo doing nothing less than the splits on the floor. The cameras came out and she threw her arms out to the side for a nice pose, like a gymnast or something. It was quite a moment.

I think it was truly amazing for two reasons:

First of all, most floors around here are disgusting. That she was brave enough to get down on the floor, to me, shows a lot of committment to making her point.

Second of all, if we see a 6 year old do the splits, we aren't surprized, but we are impressed. To see a sixty+ year old do the splits, well there's no catagory for that because you never see it happen. So I was surprized and impressed. Yep, she's flexible. (I've never been able to get anywhere close to doing the splits, not at 6 nor 26 and not now)

She made her point.

No comments: