Sunday, January 15, 2006

A small trip

Yesterday I accompanied a friend to the airport in another city to pick up her parents who are here visiting. Here is what I managed to do during that time:
1-get up at 5:40 am after going to bed around 1am. (I don't recommend this)
2-catch an early morning train.
3- enjoyed a raspberry frapuchinno
4-ate but did not particularly enjoy a "new" chicken burger from a chain restaurant. (I usually do like chicken burgers by the way)
5-people watched while waiting for her parents
6-was awed by the idea that God knows and actually cares for each person in the world.
7-Greeted her parents
8-caught shuttle
9-managed to get the jet lagged parents and all our luggage stranded on a street corner while trying to get to the train station. (supposed to take a taxi, but the first one refused, saying it was close enough to walk- which it was NOT)
10-misunderstood the very nice taxi driver who actually did take us. He was asking me which country I was from. I basically told him I was a native of our city that we live in now. He laughed.
11-finally got everyone safe and sound to the station without toooo much pain.
12-got caught in a mob of people desperately trying to catch their train. It was insanity.
13-Stopped for a little bit of food before catching our train.
14-flipped some "hot" spice into my eye. Now I know why they call it "pepper" spray.
15-Joined the mob getting on to our train
16-made it back home.
17-watched some "Alias" with my husband. And ate chocolate.
18-Finally landed exhausted back in bed.

Usually travelling here is not quite so crazy as it was yesterday.(Right Charlene??Karen??) It is just a busy time right now. If any of you come and visit, it will most likely be much more relaxed!!! :) And I promise I won't flip any hot spice into your eye. Not on purpose anyway. And I will share my chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "small trip" eh? *wink* seems pretty hectic to me. Oh hey, guess what game my friend got for Christmas? Settlers of Catan. :) It was pretty awesome...we are planning a tounrnament soon, and I'll definitely be thinking of you and m. :)
~amy

The confused foreigner. said...

Ah Settlers,that's very fun. yeah we don't play too much over here.
Hope you are doing great Amy!!