Monday, May 15, 2006

The Birthday

So, yeah, my birthday was last week. It was pretty much an ordinary day. Things went on as usual. Did however get various cell messages from people, a few emails, a few cards made their way to me too. A couple people called from home. That was really nice. I appreciated all the thoughtful gestures.
We also out with some friends for supper. Actually there were three of us who had birthdays within a week, so another friend of ours treated us to a nice supper at a great buffet in town. It was relaxing. At the end, I was presented with a basket full of goodies- totally fun! (Some cake followed a few days later too!)

Hubs gave a IOU for some decent art on the walls and 4 plants. These are both things that thrill me to no end. Really.

So, all in all, it was a good day.

I had wanted to take more time to let the coming of another birthday spur me on to be reflective. However, life just seemed to speed up as the day got closer, so, no thinking was done. I had a birthday, and that's about all I know for now.

No comments: