Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back in Canuck land

Yes, that is right- I am back. We got back about a week and a half ago. Almost two weeks. We have been having a really nice time at M's parents house. As is usually the case though, my first week back in Canada is usually a tired one - it takes me awhile to get adjusted time wise and to recover from whatever packing frenzy we had when we left, and to recover from the long flight. I am just today starting to feel more normal.

So, sorry for the hiatus- I've been feeling dozey.

Went to church this morning, was glad I went. The pastor talked about the names of God, that was so encouraging.

Of course in scripture there are many many names used for God, so he only focused on a few of them this morning- specifically looking at some of the Jehovah ones.
Jehovah Jireh- God our provider
Jehovah Shalom- God our peace
Jehovah Rohi- The Lord is my Shepherd
Jehovah Rophi- God our healer
and the last one he talked about was not a Jehovah one but was Jesus - our Saviour.

I always enjoy looking at the names of God, because His names remind me of who He is, and it was just what I needed to hear this morning.

2 comments:

Murph said...

Hey there,

I don't suppose you kept notes on this sermon, did you? I'm looking into some of the names of God myself, and I'd love to see what others came up with!

tman said...

Back in Canada? Any chance you'll be coming through Lethbridge, specifically to the West side, more specifically, to Red Crow Blvd. W?