Thursday, March 22, 2007

wasn't expecting that from a Denzel movie

Hubby and I watched a movie last weekend. It was with Denzel Washington. It was alright, except the entire middle part which was really violent. (I left for that part and returned for the ending. )

I don't really want to give a movie critique here, although there were a couple interesting themes... but what struck me was at one point Denzel's character and this Nun quote a verse from the Bible. Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

And that one line simply spoken seemed to jump right out of the movie and pierce right to my heart and give specific encouragement to me for some day to day situations that I'd been wrestling with. I'd been feeling a bit discouraged by a few things sort of piling up, and that message of not being overcome by evil but overcoming evil with good was such a word of hope to me. It seemed like God was saying, "yes there is evil, I see it, but good will overcome it." And by His Spirit it will.

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword.."
Hebrews 4:12a


Yes, yes it is.

No comments: