Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Tiny but Prestigious University

Today was a rather damp overcast day. Well part of it. Weather is still pretty nice here, but it has really cooled off a lot from what it was.

Had my first few classes this week.

In my grammar class there's quite a mix of nationalities. I'm the only person who speaks english as a first language. That class seems to be a good level for me. Although I still miss most of the jokes. The teacher laughs pretty hard though so I guess they are pretty funny jokes.

There is a guy who sits at the back of the class, he's the cool guy. He's the kind of cool guy who talks loud and exageratedly trying to be funny and likes the attention when everyone looks at him. When we all read together his reading drowns out the rest of us. Sometimes that kind of cool guy is also the "annoying guy". So far this guy hasn't crossed that line. He's not annoying. (But if he keeps up the reading thing- that'll get old pretty fast.) So far he makes the class a bit more lively. He's probably about 21 or 22. What I found the most entertaining about that guy today was that he was wearing a sweatshirt that said "Teeny Tiny Teddybear University" with with a picture of a teddy bear in a little outfit. So, while I may have been the only one in the class who didn't get the jokes, I was probably the only one in the class who got to enjoy just how funny that sweatshirt was.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I agree, people like that always brighten my day, "that guy" sounds hilarious. Hey, I know I told you a long time ago I was going to write you a letter and I didn't follow through. (my bad) I had something exciting happen this week that I want to write you about... so I'll get right on that.

Huge love - Tiff

Randall Friesen said...

Man, thanks for the flashback to grade ten!!

Actually, sounds very cool. Wish I was back in school.

take care you guys...

The confused foreigner. said...

Hey Tiff- no worries, can hardly wait to her what happened!

And hi Randall, thanks for dropping by- yeah, some days I do feel like I am perpetually stuck in grade 10, except without the bad hair. (on most days)