Friday, July 14, 2006

Happy anniversary!

July 12th 2006 has come and gone. It is not forgotten though. It marked 3 years of M and I being married. Happy Anniversary to us! It has been a great first three years. We've learned a lot and laughed a lot, grown a lot.

To celebrate our three years, we went out for a night on the town. First we hit a nice little restaurant with western cuisine. He had the grilled chicken, and I had the Greek salad in a pita, sans onions- accompanied by an A&W rootbeer. ( we are on a bit of a food holiday here as we can get stuff here that' s harder to get in our usual country..) A friend of ours that we bumped into at the restaurant paid for our meals (unbeknowst to us) We were SO surprised!! It was such a nice treat!

We then attempted to go mini golfing, but when we got to the place it was closed down. So, we just went over to the large night market and strolled around there. It was such a nice evening.

Before we went out, M had given me a card and some flowers with chocolate. He got this great bouquet, he tried getting the same colours as our wedding colours but the flower place didn't really have that many in the right shades. It was still very beautiful. He also found some bird of paradise flowers growing along the road which he snipped for me! I thought that was fun too! And he had these other flowers and flower petals that he decorated the room with that had fallen off a tree in the courtyard. I don't know what kind they are but they are beautiful, and smell amazing. Did I ever tell you I married a romantic?

Thanks M for 3 great years!

6 comments:

polarpegs said...

Happy Anniversary K. I actually always remember your anniversary (even though I had to miss the wedding - Sorry about that) It just happens to be the same day as my little nephew Joshy's (Leslie's youngest - funny his name was supposed to be Andrew wasn't it?) birthday.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful anniversary. You know, it's about as hot here in my "hometown" as it is where you are... crazy eh? Miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!
love ya,
purple girl :>

The confused foreigner. said...

Thanks Peg...yeah, why didn't Leslie go with the plan?

Thanks Purple, miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much too!
Love yas
K

deb said...

congrats on 3 years!! I've been stalking your blog for a while and tried to leave a comment a while ago but it didn't work out... anyway, I like your blog. hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

Guess where I am right now? Knoxville, Tennessee!! :D I'm having an awesome time, I'll have to email you when I get back.

Been thinking of you!
*hugs*
Ames

The confused foreigner. said...

Hey Deb! Thanks for popping by- come by any time!
(Actually your other comment did post, it came through fine.)