Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

I was saying to M the other day that coming here to this place is our version of "Going to the Lake." Where I'm from in Canada in the summer many people "go to the lake." It doesn't matter what lake, where, they've just "gone to the lake." Our church tends to empty out and you know it's because most of them have "gone to the lake." Summer is short in Canada, but beautiful, and the lakes are a wonderful refuge. Generally. The place we are staying right now, is by the ocean, very beautiful. But what I like the best about it is that in the evening the little Bay we are near calms down and reminds me of a lake in Canada. The lights come out and twinkle as the restaurants get rolling for their supper business.

I've noticed that it takes me a good 2-3 days to actually become relaxed enough to enjoy a vacation. I'm glad that we are here for a week. I don't know why it takes me time to chill out. Maybe I notice more that I am feeling stress when on vacation because I know I should be relaxed. Maybe it's because we are watching lots of "24". (haha. joke. some of you know that said I would not watch 24 anymore, but this season we are watching is not as violent....)
Well, anyway, I am just entering that part of our vacation where I am destressed, and liking it.

And, I am happy to say that we haven't run into any serious health concerns or biting things during this trip. (Although a baby Praying Mantis did land on M's head on the bus trip here- it didn't hurt him at all. I don't think they bite, just creep you out.)

Now what are we going to do today? Whatever we feel like. Maybe swim later this afternoon. Probably watch some 24. Skip lunch because of the huge breakfast we had.... take some more pictures, exclaim a few more times about how beautiful the butterflies are and what an amazing creator God is, laugh at some stupid jokes, and I just may write a postcard. I have a book with me "Death By Meeting" that I'm tempted to read more of, but I am becoming more convinced that it doesn't belong on this here vacaction. But I do have a pilates DVD that I may break out and do this afternoon. May. We may also go exploring to another area, just to see what's there.

Well, there you have it, with all that said , I'm gonna scoot. Will update again later. If I feel like it. :)

No comments: