Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!

Well, we've come to the end of a nice quiet day. We cleaned up around here, did laundry, and had a "date night" this evening. Yesterday was full but very good. We had our Easter celebration yesterday. A few of our friends came over around 11:30 and we prepared a BBQ lunch together...it wasn't ready until 2pm to actually eat, but it was worth it! Woo! We had some good eats. We had the shishkabobs, ribs, and a platter with veggies and ranch dip among other goodies..... it was a great food experience. People dug out from their special stores of stuff that they had squirrelled away for a rainy day....meaning things that they brought from Canada or somebody brought in for them. I offered up my ranch dressing. I carted it over with us last summer. It was good. I'd forgotten how much I like Ranch dressing. Someone else dug out their smoked salmon that someone sent over for them, and made salmon pinwheels with some cream cheese that I found at one of the stores downtown. (It's very exciting that we can now buy cream cheese here in our city!) It was nice to bring some special items out to celebrate the special day. And it was nice to spend it together.
After eating we had a worship time together, just singing praise to God for His amazing victory on our behalf. Rejoicing that He truly is alive, and a part of our lives. It was good.
So, after all that, we had today to get things back in order. We'll probably go to bed early. We are both tired and the next few days look to be very busy.
Hope you had a very meaningful Easter, and that you got to truly worship Him for His indescribable gift!!

Peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I love smaller worship times like that where you're together with friends and worship together. Especially unplanned ones. We've done that on a couple of retreats I've been on. :) Glad you had a good Easter!
-Ames

Anonymous said...

p.s. I just read that email you sent out on my mom's email. Definitely will be keeping you, your hubby, and your team in my prayers. *hugs*
-Ames