Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Little of this, and a little of that

I find myself mentally updating my blog a lot, thinking things in point form bullets. Something like this....

- This is a very sneezy place. Lotsa sneezing, everywhere.
- Lots of spring tree blossoms out everywhere, it's just so beautiful.
- I make things with lentils now. Does that make me crunchy granola?
- I've tried making lots of new things this year:rice pudding, lemon chicken soup, borsht... and pig's in blankets.... which is little weiners wrapped in dough.... one of the dough pieces came open while cooking, we renamed it "pig on a couch." He seemed to be reclining comfortably.
- For a conversational english class that I teach, I made my students (all professionals) pick english names to use. I mostly just wanted them to pick them so that they become more familiar with the sound of english names. It's also really fun giving people names. Lotsa fun. Fun fun fun. I made up a list of appropriate names for their age and status etc.. and then let them pick.
One man came a couple days late so I made a special list just for him with names like William, Timothy, Peter, etc etc .... and at the last minute just for fun I threw in "Lanny" in reference to Lanny Mcdonald. Do you know out of all those names, which he picked? Lanny. Lanny it is. Which for some reason makes me ridiculously happy.
- The neighbour dog is cute but barky.
- Who are the neighbourhood ladies always yelling at to "come here!"?
- The dog can't compete with the neighbour ladies for volume, or ability to vocally pierce through a wall or window.
- For the most part it doesn't bother us.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

spring sounds good!

Amy said...

you're awesome :) this is my favourite post

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I, too, make those little lists in my head. And sometimes even on actual paper!